Announcing FDO Enhancements and New Design
As you've no doubt noticed, Foundation Directory Online has a new look! But while the site's appearance may have changed and there are some more changes "under the hood," rest assured the way you use FDO day to day remains the same.
First, here is a little of what you can expect from the new version of the site:
- Ranked results: When you use Power Search, results are now sorted by relevance so you don’t have to sift through pages of results. You can also choose which databases you want to search. (Professional feature only.)
- Guided search functionality: With our new and improved index filtering options, you can find the perfect search term as you type. Plus, new ways to narrow your results lets you drill down to the right list of grantmakers with fewer searches.
- Printer-friendly grantmaker profiles bring information from our database to your desk more easily.
- The ability to e-mail lists of grantmakers and groups of grantmaker profiles gives you more options for taking the data out of the database in the way that works for you.
- Mobile-friendly: The FDO site is now responsive, so you can easily use the application on tablets and smart phones.
- Secure site: FDO will now live on a secure web site for added privacy. No need to update your bookmarks; you'll go right to the new secure site.
We welcome your feedback on the new site, and we're committed to continued improvements to meet users' needs. Feel free to email us using subject line "FDO Refresh" with your feedback and questions.